Proofing and delivery for professional clients
Here are two recommended ways of setting up galleries when working with professional clients, where security, accountability and effectiveness are key.
Once you have set up a first gallery, it will be easy to reuse the same settings for other clients.
Simple case: making high-res files available for quick download
- Create a new gallery, ideally nested under a common "Client Area" gallery. Use the Simple download preset. The gallery will use the Proofing Gallery Style, which focuses on proofing functionality. The gallery will be hidden, i.e. not visible in the thumbnail navigation for maximum privacy.
- Open the access options by clicking on the Public, hidden link. 1-click download is pre-enabled for anybody who has access to that gallery. To make things simple for your client, simply set a general password to access the gallery.
- Upload images into the gallery.
- Done! All you now have to do is send the gallery link to your client, with the password. To that avail, you can use the email feature under More / Email gallery link tab.
Typical settings for a quick download gallery.
For a more secure alternative, or if you wish to keep better track of who downloads what, you can add login-based authorizations either to access the gallery, or to be able to download. It requires the client to login (and potentially register if he doesn't already have an account) and provides better accountability. If you do so, remember to disable downloading for the Anybody row in the authorization table!
Please refer to the help on authorizations for further help.
Professional assignment proofing and delivery
This section will show you how to let a client order a selection of images or videos out of an unprocessed shoot, so you can process/retouch ordered images and delivery them, in a professional and integrated way.
- Create a new gallery, ideally nested under a common "Client Area" gallery. Use the Private proofing & ordering gallery preset. The gallery will use the Proofing Gallery Style, which focuses on proofing functionality over aesthetics. The gallery will be hidden, i.e. not visible in the thumbnail navigation for maximum privacy.
- Upload the "proof" images/videos into the gallery.
- Open the authorizations dialog (by clicking on the Private link) and add your client(s) to the authorization list. You can share the gallery link with your client(s) easily by using the Notify feature. That feature will also guide them to open an account if needed.
- Done! Your clients are now able to order a selection of images as downloads.
Typical settings for a full assignment proofing gallery.
When your client has made a selection and placed an order, you will be notified by email. When you receive the order:
- If needed, reprocess/retouch the images/videos on your computer. Upload them into the gallery making sure you use the same filenames as for the proof images, and using the Replace image option. This will replace the proof images with the final ones. In the upload form, also set the status of the new uploads as Final, which indicates to the system that the files are ready for delivery.
- When all (or part of) the images have been replaced with their Final version, open the order, and click on Deliver PENDING downloadable items now. This will trigger the delivery of the FINAL images to the client. You can do this in several iterations, as this button will only deliver images that have not been delivered yet.
Image delivery on the order page.
To get familiar with the process from a client's perspective, try it yourself with a "test client" email address! For clarity, make sure it is different from your PhotoDeck login.